PDP Indy Team road closure notice

Pit Talk a place for Racers to keep in touch and General Discussions...

PDP Indy Team road closure notice

Postby RMJRacing3490 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:22 pm

Road Closure in Indiana note for All Bracket Finals Racers
Tuesday, September 03, 2013
INDOT is launching an accelerated project that will close I-65 and I-70 between the north and south splits on the east side of downtown Indianapolis for approximately 59 days in Fall 2013 to reconstruct and lower one-half mile of pavement beneath seven bridges. The project is necessary to increase bridge clearances and reduce the potential for collisions from unpermitted and off-route trucks with oversize and unsecure loads.

The expected schedule calls for closing the interstate between the north and south splits after Labor Day on Tuesday, September 3. Message boards and signage will direct I-65 and I-70 through traffic to use the south and west legs of I-465.

This means that those going over to Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis, Indiana will have to use I-465 to get to the west side of Indianapolis instead of going through I-70.
RMJRacing3490

Re: PDP Indy Team road closure notice

Postby Nitro Joe Jackson » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:48 pm

also, I just got back from indy US Nationals, when you come into Indiana past Richmond watch out for VERY rough roads in right lane up past the weight station and old school bus factory, on the way back home, when you get about 20 miles from state line its real rough in right lane again till last Richmond exit. Just wanted to let you know. Plus if you go 465 around past the airport, its all done road wise and very nice.
Nitro Joe Jackson

Postby Triple E Racing » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:41 am

Thx RMJ Racing for posting the info!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Triple E Racing

Postby RMJRacing3490 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:27 am

Thanks for the heads up TripleERacing ;) We personally don't take that way, we use the detour they have posted, but others may.
RMJRacing3490

Postby Nitro Joe Jackson » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:11 pm

clean the glasses, lol
Nitro Joe Jackson

Return to Pit Talk - Sponored by Slip-Tech Racing